Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting a bit more comfortable


so today i decided to was going to the beach.  you all know how stubborn i can be (just keep that in mind.)  well i thought i had this all figured out.  i had gotten all the route numbers written down, for which bus i needed to take, i wrote down approximate times i should arrive at certain destinations in order to get on the next bus...THOUGHT i had all my ducks in a row. HAH!  First thing, the bus was not there when it was supposed to be, it was about 10 minutes late, but the thing is since it was so late i started to second guess myself!  so i got out my map (you can tell where this is going-cant you?)  yeah, when i was looking at my map, the bus went by.  the buses just don't stop at every point...you have to flag them.  so i waited for about 20 minutes and the next bus came.  okay fine, i'll just adjust my times.  so i need to make a stop when i get on this bus, but i'm unsure of where things are.  see, you still have to know about where you are.  and i do not.  so needless to say i just stayed on the bus till the last stop.  and i end up in this kind of ghetto bus depot.  there are high school kids EVERYWHERE (again, you know how i am) which means yackity yackity yack!  and i wait there for the bus that is going to take me back home....because by this time i am done.  i road the bus for 45 minutes longer than i should have and i had to pee.  so i was done.   well i get on the bus that is going in my direction home, and i decided that if i find a place that i want to stop i am going to...i am not going to have a wasted day! (stubborn)  well ends up...somehow (don't ask me how)  i was heading toward the beach!!  i got off the bus.  yep, i made it to the beach!  i didn't have a lot of time there (i have been trying to get home by dark) so i sat for a bit and walked out till the water was about up to my knees.  the cool thing is though, i think i can get there again!

i had orchiette pasta salad (which was oh so good)  and my first true NZ flat white, all i can say is ohhhhh.

2 comments:

  1. YO NAT

    your cracking me up! Dont sweat it - you ended up where you were supposed to be! I cant even figure out how to follow you on this blog! so dont feel bad!!
    is the family your staying with helpful at all with directions? what adventure are you on today? what all sites were you going to see is this area... ???????

    I want pictures of your room and the house and you!!! :)
    love ya T

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-I am going to go to the beach again today, since I kind of know where I am going now! The family can tell me what direction to go, but they have never rode the bus, so they don't know about the stops and things. I got maps and things, just sometimes the buses aren't guaranteed to be on time. I am going to go to the beach again. The second time I do something it is easier. I'll get other pics up soon.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete